Drover's Accidents, Breakdowns, Damages Policy
What should I do if my vehicle breaks down?
If you break down, please follow these steps:
1. The information for your breakdown provider is in your confirmation email, as well as your Drover profile under the current subscriptions tab.
2. Give the provider a call and organise your recovery.
3. If you are unable to reach the breakdown recovery specified in your profile, please call RAC* on 03332023022 to arrange recovery. Your vehicle registration is your reference.
*Please note, the RAC Breakdown cover is a secondary ‘pay-as-you-go’ service provided by Drover. If your breakdown is genuine, you will not be charged for using this service. Please note, you may be charged if you fail to demonstrate you made reasonable attempts to use the breakdown service provided by the vehicle supplier.
What should I do if I damage the vehicle?
If you have caused damage to the vehicle, it is important to immediately contact Broker Direct on 01204 600 280. If you think the damage to the vehicle is minor and the incident did not involve a third party vehicle or property, you may report to the damage to Drover by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 02038484000. We will make note of the damage and provide the necessary advice.
What should I do if I am in an accident?
Ensure you are safe, the car is secure, and then gather as much information as possible at the scene of the accident:
• The third party driver’s name, contact number and address, if applicable
• The third party driver’s registration and insurance details, if applicable
• Names and contact details of any witnesses, if applicable
• Any photos of the scene and the vehicle
You must immediately (no later than within 24 hours) notify Broker Direct of the accident, they can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 01204 600 280. Their lines are open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Please note that failure to notify Broker Direct may result in the termination of your subscription with Drover.
Broker Direct will notify us of your incident immediately. We aim to contact you within 1 working day of the claim being reported to us to provide further assistance. If you feel you claim requires urgent attention, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02038484000.
Important Insurance Terms:
• All incidents, however small, must be reported
• Windscreen and glass cover is provided as standard. Replacements require a £100 excess and are capped at £1000.
• Any claim you decide to make on your comprehensive policy requires an excess, regardless of liability. The excess amount varies based on your circumstances, please refer to your booking confirmation for you excess amount or contact us.